ShirtSmart is the shirt subscription brand of Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker and Tailor Limited.
Registered in England and Wales number 07334465, VAT Number 914 610 743
Registered office: 11-17 Market Place, Cirencester GL7 2PB
These terms and conditions control & protect your use of our website. If you have any queries about them, please email [email protected] or [email protected] or call +44 (0)845 300 9014
By accepting an order from Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor incorporating ShirtSmart you have agreed to comply with all Terms & Conditions. An order is accepted & confirmed either by issuing payment in full or a deposit or via an email or phone call
By ordering from Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor incorporating ShirtSmart either via our website or in person you are accepting our terms and conditions
TERM & CONDITIONS OVERVIEW / SUMMARY
- Upon receipt of your payment and order, your first shirt will be made and arrive with you in around 4-6 weeks. If for any reason there is a delay with your order you will be contacted accordingly.
- If you choose to pay monthly, the amount stated upon completion of your order will be debited from your chosen card monthly
- If you chose to pay up front, the total cost will be debited from your account shortly after completion of your order
- Your shirt will be sent to you via Royal Mail in branded packaging and will always be sent with a proof of postage. If for any reason you wish to have your shirt sent to another address please let us know via email in plenty of time.
- Upon receipt of your 1st shirt you will have up to the time your next shirt goes into production (you will receive an email letting you know that your next shirt is nearing its production date) to take advantage of our Fit Guarantee
- "Fit Guarantee" - This is where for your first shirt does not fit to your satisfaction, you may simply return this shirt, let us know what amendments need making and we will simply remake this shirt free of charge and update your account accordingly
- "Quality Guarantee" - We are so confident about the quality of our shirts that if after receiving your first shirt you are not happy with the quality of it, you may return the shirt, letting us know what you are not happy about so that we can try and improve our service, and you can then cancel your subscription without any penalties or questions asked.
- Our Fit & Quality Guarantees are only available after your 1st shirt has been made. Due to the privacy of our payment system we have no access to your card details so it is your responsibility to cancel any subscriptions taken out. We regret that we are unable to refund any payments taken due to failure on your part to cancel your subscription or to cancel your subscription after a payment has already been taken
- If you are not happy using our self measurement video, you are more than welcome to come and see us in our Showroom in Cirencester or simply send us a favourite shirt and we can measure this for you. All of these methods of measurement are covered by our Fit & Quality Guarantees.
- All of your shirts will be sent out via Royal Mail in a ShirtSmart branded bag and will be sent with a proof of postage. If for any reason you need to change your delivery address please inform us by email in plenty of time.
- You may cancel any subscription provided the following shirt has not gone into production. As soon as a shirt has gone into production no cancellations are possible.
- If you have taken out a subscription over the year and cancel during that time, any shirts that have been made and received will be charged at £95 per shirt and you will be sent an invoice with any balance outstanding. i.e if you have received 3 shirts of a 5 shirt subscription and have paid for £30 a month for 6 months totalling £180, the remaining 2 shirts will not be made and your payments will stop. However, you will be invoiced £105 for the remaining amount on the 3 shirts already made.
- If you decide to cancel your subscription after your year, you MUST CANCEL PAYMENTS FROM YOUR END TOO as your card issuer will not always except cancellation simply from ourselves.
- If payments do continue after cancellation we cannot accept responsibility if you have not cancelled them from your end but we will endeavour to return any money taken.
'We/Us/Our/Ours' refers to Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd. incorporating ShirtSmart 11-17 Market Place, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 2PB
'Goods' means the products that Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor incorporating ShirtSmart have offered or agreed to supply to our purchaser in accordance with the terms of this agreement
Use of Website
This website is owned, controlled or licensed by Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd. incorporating ShirtSmart. Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than with our written permission.
In particular, no part of our website may be distributed or copied for any commercial purpose, or incorporated in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic or any other form.
No part of our website may be reproduced or transmitted or stored in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
We reserve the right to withdraw our website, any information contained therein, and any goods offered for sale at any time.
If you access our website from outside the UK you are responsible for compliance with local laws where they are applicable.
We will not be liable for any claims, damages and costs, including legal fees, arising out of any misuse of this website by you or any user of your computer equipment, whether authorised by you or not, or any misuse of the website or your ShirtSmart account information by any other user Accuracy of Content.
Accuracy of Content
The colours of the fabrics on your monitor may differ to the actual colour of the fabric however this is beyond our control. All prices and content as well as the description of the products are checked regularly and our processes are designed to keep these contents correct.
Price and Payment
The price you pay for goods is as shown on our website at the time of order and includes VAT where applicable. Barrington Ayre is VAT registered number 914 610 743. However, orders will only be accepted providing there is no major error in the prices or descriptions shown.
Postage and packaging (P&P) charges will always be confirmed before you finalise your order.
Payment may be made in pounds Sterling (£) using; Our online payment system. All UK and EU orders include VAT and our VAT number is 914 610 743. Prices will be confirmed before the order is processed and payment must be received as advised before any orders are processed.
We reserve the right to review and make changes to the prices listed on our website at any time.
All clothing remains the property of Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor until the full balance of your account is paid.
Due to the bespoke nature of each item of clothing we cannot accept cancellations after an order has been placed with our manufacturers.
'Measurement Guarantee Service'
Customers providing their own measurements through the ShirtSmart website are entitled to use our 'Measurement Guarantee Promise'. This service allows the 1st shirt of any package chosen to be returned to ShirtSmart with the relative amendments that are needed if the initial measurements are incorrect. ShirtSmart will then replace this shirt with the amendments that have been asked for and update the account of the customer. This service is only available on the 1st shirt that is ordered and the relevant amendments will be taken out to the customers instructions.
Customers providing their own measurements through the ShirtSmart website will be entirely liable for all alteration cost if they either choose not to use our 'Measurement Guarantee Promise', or if they change their measurements after this service has been used.
Customers ordering using measurements taken by a ShirtSmart tailor will not incur any alteration costs, unless the alteration is directly related to a change in order requirement from the Customer once the garment has been produced. The measurements taken by a ShirtSmart tailor must not be changed without confirmation from ShirtSmart, otherwise the Customer will be liable for any associated alteration costs.
Offer To Purchase
We will issue a confirmation e-mail or the measurements will be discussed over the phone to you upon receipt of your order with any queries regarding sizes. Acceptance of your order will not take place until this has been dispatched or until any queries have been confirmed. Once this email or phone call has been made and agreed the order will be processed.
If an order is placed directly online using our website and payment has been made at the end of this process, this constitutes an acceptance of an order and our terms and conditions.
Cancellation of Order (shirts)
You may cancel an order providing the order has not been accepted by our manufacturers, by contacting Customer Services by email at [email protected] or [email protected] or by calling +44 (0)845 300 9014 To do this, you will need the order number and full details of the items to be cancelled.
We will confirm cancellation as soon as we can.
After the garment(s) has gone into production no cancellation can be offered.
A full refund or exchange of goods will only be provided if a measurement mistake has been made by Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd. incorporating ShirtSmart If after an order form is received and any queries have been confirmed with the client this will be taken as a confirmation of measurements and the garment will be made to these measurements.
Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd incorporating ShirtSmart does not accept any responsibilty for any incorrect measurements made by the customer. If an order form arrives with suspicious or out of the ordinary measurements an email will be sent to the customer or a phone call will be made outlining these concerns and the order will not be processed until a confirmation email has been received from the customer. Any order that is confirmed by the customer will be taken as being correct measurements by Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd and will be processed accordingly.
Title of goods remain with Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor Ltd. until full payment is received.
Title of goods will pass to you at the point we charge the full amount to your payment card or, when other payment methods are used, funds are credited to our account.
Under the distance selling regulations you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 7 working days from the day after receipt of the goods.
All delivery dates quoted are given in good faith. We do not accept any liability which may result from the late delivery of goods.
Please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery. This will be due to the item being made especially for you by our tailors.
We cannot guarantee any delivery times for any clothing due to the nature of the manufacturing of these items.
With all made to measure garments time is not the essence of order and Barrington Ayre Shirtmaker & Tailor incorporating ShirtSmart will not be held responsible for items being delivered later then the clients expectations.
If a garment needs any alterations then delivery dates may take longer than initially quoted and Barrington Ayre takes no responsibility for these delivery times.
If an item takes over 12 months after the order date to complete, unless the client is unavailable for periods of time, the client may be eligible for compensation but this is entirely at the discretion of the Barrington Ayre Managment.
We confirm that in relation to any goods purchased from our website:
1. we have the right to sell the goods to you;
2. the goods will correspond with the description on the website and the order form; and
3. the goods will be of satisfactory quality.
We exclude all other express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements with regards to any goods.
We accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any loss of profit, revenue or business (whether direct or indirect) however caused or whether foreseeable or not, arising from your purchase of goods on our website. Our total liability to you under any contract for the purchase of goods or otherwise under this Agreement will be limited to the amount paid by you for any goods purchased. We will not be responsible for any loss or damages incurred by unauthorized use of your payment card on the website. Nor are we responsible for notifying your card issuer or any law enforcement authority in these instances. The limitations and exclusions in this clause do not affect your statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law. Nothing in this Agreement shall serve to limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence.
These and other notices elsewhere on our website represent the entire terms and conditions relating to your use of our website to order goods and the supply of goods to you. No additional terms or conditions requested by and communicated in any way by you will form part of the contract whether accepted or not by an employee of ours.
No employee of Thomas Wharton trading as Barrington Ayre can alter the terms and conditions of this contract whether or not they confirm this to you in any way.
This Agreement and any contract for the purchase of goods shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales.
We give no warranties and makes no representations, express or implied, as to the accuracy, quality, validity or completeness of any information contained in our website and accepts no liability for any loss resulting directly or indirectly from the use of or reliance on any such information. We shall be under no obligation to notify any person of any error on our website. We shall not be liable to any person for any direct or indirect loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this website. These terms and conditions do not affect your legal rights.