Follow this measurement guide and record your measurements in centimeters:
- Neck - Take the tape measure around your neck, around the widest part, usually across the Adam's Apple. Bring the tape measure together, just tight enough so that you can fit a single finger in between the tape measure and your neck comfortably. We are after body measurements, so we will add the extra little measurements for you.
- Chest - Take the tape measure under your arm pits and up around the widest part of your chest which is usually across your nipples. Bring the tape measure together and bring it tight enough so that it is comfortable but not lose in anyway. We are after your body measurements and will add the required extra fabric depending on your choice of fit when you come to ordering your shirts.
- Waist - This is your tummy measurement, so take the tape measure around the widest part of your tummy which is usually across your tummy button. Again, we are after your body measurements, so bring the tape measure close, tight enough so that it doesn't slide down your body but lose enough so that you can fit 2 fingers in between the tape measure and your body comfortably.
- Shoulders - Take the tape measure across your shoulders from the bone at the top of your arm straight across your back to the bone at the top of the other arm. If you have a shirt that you like, simply measure from the arm seam across the back of the shirt to the arm seam on the other side.
- Arm length - Hold the tape measure using your fingers at the bottom of your wrist, bend your arm so that you have your hand on your hip, and then take the tape measure up over your bent elbow and up the rest of your arm to the bone at the top of your arm. A useful tip for this is that a 'classic' arm measurement is 64cm, so if you are around this figure then you are doing things right! Obviously, if you have long arms then this measurement will be longer and the same the other way if you have shorter arms.
- Back length - Take the tape measure over your shoulder and hold it at the bottom of your neck where the bottom of your shirt collar is. Then simply run the tape measure down your back to where you want the shirt to finish. This is your back length.
- Cuff - This measurement is from where the cuff button, or cuff holes if you are having a double cuffed shirt, is, not the whole cuff length. So if you are having a double cuff shirt then take the tape measure around your wrist and hold it where the cuff links will be and send us that measurement. If you are having a button cuff then simply take the tape measure around your cuff to where the button will do up.
If you need any help or are stuck in any way then please do feel free to call us on 0845 300 9014, email us at [email protected] or call us via Skype at ShirtSmart or FaceTime or @ShirtSmartUK on Twitter and we will talk you through everything. Please try your best to get your measurements correct but if you do make a mistake, your first shirt is covered by our Fit Guarantee.